Wednesday, June 19, 2013

THE WORLD OF MARTINA MUELLER CALLISTI


In January 2007, Martina Mueller launched her own label CALLISTI and in the very same year, she opened her first store in Vienna. The designer focuses on Prêt-à-porter / Ready to Wear Collections and supplemented her label in 2009  with her first Couture Line, the “Luxury Couture Line”.

In this exclusive interview she gives an insight  into her fashionable world.

When or what was it that awakened the desire in you to start a career as a fashion designer? Could you please describe your own career path in few sentences?
I have arrived enthusiastically on the fashion and design scene after several years. I started creating and sewing at the age of 13 for friends and family. At 19 years old, I presented my first collection successfully in an avant-garde fashion store in the Viennese 1 District.  At 23 years old, at the end of my university studies as a graphic designer, I went to Miami and New York, where I derived the influences for my upcoming collections.


How do you get your inspirations?
My inspirations came from the diversity of the people, the Broadway theaters and the art and architecture. The elegance and simplicity of the architectural landscape, glamorized by mirrored glass and classical lines, with elegant, ornate details is depicted in all my work.
How do you develop your collections? Do you have a vision or a philosophy?
In January 2006, I launched my label CALLISTI and opened up my first store in Vienna. I am the designer, creative director, the heart and the brain behind CALLISTI. I am one of the very rare and lucky people that can say from the bottom of my heart: “I love my job.. I love what I do!” My hobby became my profession and I say “THANK YOU” to the universe and god every day to have had the chance to do so…
Designing fashion… being creative & productive is the best fulfillment I can imagine… this is what makes me feel free… and that I love the most.

How would you prefer to be recognized or seen by others? 
I read this about myself once in a magazine: “Martina Mueller Callisti`s unique sense of aesthetics has already earned her a distinguished place in the fashion business nationwide and everything she produces reflects her exclusive approach to elegance. She has a deep understanding of a woman’s form and shape and there is a huge amount of integrity in her work. The ambition behind CALLISTI is to evolve and develop the distinctive design universe reflecting Ms. Muellers unique style.”

How would you describe your personal fashion style? Any personal favorite designers?
My personal style is chic, stylish, cool, sexy.
Which other labels or designers inspires me most? I adore Lanvin for his feminine, stylish but classy dresses… Rick Owens for his really cool, futuristic, edgy style which  is still kind of sexy… Elie Saab for his amazing and absolutely stunning evening gowns. 

You have lived in Vienna, New York and Miami. Which is your most preferred city and why?
The most inspiring city and the place to be definitely is New York. I go there as often as I can… which is less often than I’d like… this city is something else and totally unique…
The best place to go for some quiet time is Santorini… the most beautiful spot in the world… unique small Greek island where I once found the name for my fashion label CALLISTI.

Thank you to Martina Mueller Callisti.
For more informations, feel free to discover CALLISTI’s homepage :
Images by Wolf Steiner for Martina Mueller Callisti & by Martina Mueller CALLISTI











No comments:

Post a Comment